Latest Blog Posts
Why Book A Guided Backpacking Trip with us?
What sets The American Wild Trekking Company apart from other guided backpacking trips?
1. Exclusive Group Sizes: Our group sizes are never larger than 5 guests. We do this to minimize impact on the natural environment and provide our guests with the purest wilderness experiences possible. We can ensure that the quality of our trips is maintained and that each guests individual needs and expectations are exceeded.
2. Exceptional Cuisine: We prepare all of our backcountry meals personally. We will never serve freeze dried Mountain House meals. We have multiple options regarding preferences for meals on your trip.
3. Lightweight Gear: The gear we provide for your use while on our trips weighs under 15 pounds. The difference this makes is immense and cannot be understated. Traditional backpacking base weight (Tent, Sleeping Bag, Stuff Sack, Sleeping Pad,Backpack, and Rain Cover) is usually over 25 pounds. With water, clothing, and food weight added we can keep the weight of each guests pack to under 25 pounds. We proudly use Sierra Designs and Kelty gear on all of our expeditions.
4. Phenomenal Guides: When we hire guides we look for three traits; resilience, competence, and a sense of adventure. All of these characteristics make our guides truly exceptional in the industry. Every one of them has qualified themselves to work in the outdoor industry by experience, not just credentials.
5. Medical Training: All of our guides possess Wilderness First Responder Certifications from the National Outdoor Leadership School. All are trained according to an Emergency Action Plan and have means to contact emergency park personnel if necessary.
The American Wild Trekking Company exists to provide transformative and enriching wilderness experiences to those seeking solace from the demands of urban existence. Our trips recenter and reinvigorate through adventure. In the words of John Muir, “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity…”
The American Wild Trekking Company is the conduit between civilization and the wilderness.
We will sleep under the stars, climb mountains, swim in waterfalls, and regain balance.
Awe is our guiding principle, a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder, and our promise is that by the end of your adventure with us you will be able to take it back with you.
The American Wild Trekking Company, more than a vacation…